Remove Bing as the default search engine from the internet browser. Bing is an internet search engine like Google. Bing offers a different way to get the best search results. They have their own algorithm to provide search results. The company behind the Bing search engine is Microsoft. So Bing usually sets as the default search engine in Microsoft product.
According to the official Microsoft Tweets, in the United States Bing has 33% market share. This is the second behind Google. Bing has 12 Billion monthly searches. This number is not small because there are many search engine below Bing market share. While Canada has a 17% market share and Europe has 9% of the market share. So Bing is the second most search engine people used. But some browsers users want to change the default search engine from Bing to Google in the example. To remove Bing from the browsers default search engine is very simple. Just follow the below Steps.
Google Chrome Browser
To remove Bing as the default search engine in Google Chrome browser is very simple. Below is the step by step Guide.
- Open Google Chrome Browser.
- On the top Right click on the Google Chrome Menu (three dot symbol).
- Click on the Settings Menu.
- Scroll down to the Search Engine area.
- If you just want to change the default search engine, just change the list box on the right.
- Change the default search engine from Bing to another search engine.
- If you want to completely remove Bing from Google Chrome. Click on manage search engines settings.
- There will appear the list of search engines in the Google Chrome.
- On Bing, click on the three-dot menu on the right side.
- Click on Remove from list options.
- Bing has now removed from Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Browser
Similarly to the Google Chrome, change or remove a search engine in the Mozilla Firefox is very Simple. Below is the step by step guide.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click Menu Button on the top right.
- On the left windows, press the Search Options.
- If you just want to change the default search engine. Click on the List Box, and change the value from Bing to another search engine.
- If you want to completely remove Bing from the browser. Go to One Click Search Engines settings.
- Click on Bing and press the Remove button on the bottom of the list.
- Bing has now removed from Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Microsoft Edge
- On the top right side press three dot menu (…)
- Click on Settings.
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings, and click on View Advanced Settings.
- Down to Change Search Engine button and click it.
- Change the default search engine from Bing to another one.
- Open Safari Browser
- On the top left menu, click on Safari Menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Move to the Search Tab (Magnificent Icon).
- Change the Default Search Engine from Bing to another.
- Next change to the General Tab.
- Fill homepage with another search engine address ie: www.google.com
Bing search results are not bad. Bing also has relevant search results. To change Bing from the default search engine, there is no need to uninstall an application. Just change the browser settings according to the web browser.